Crime doesn’t pay…… but Crime Stoppers does!
Decatur and Macon County Crime Stoppers will pay a cash reward of up to $1,000.00 when a felony arrest is made as a result of the information that you provide. Crime Stoppers will also pay $500.00 or more for information that leads to an arrest on the “Crime of the Week”. Crime Stoppers only wants your information, not your name. Enjoy knowing that you made your community a safer place and helped police by removing a criminal from the streets.
Why Do We Need Crime Stoppers in our Community?
Crime Stoppers is based on the principal that someone other than the criminal has information that can solve a crime and was created to combat the three major problems faced by law enforcement in generating that information:
- Fear of retaliation
- An attitude of apathy
- Reluctance to get involved
Crime Stoppers resolves these problems by:
- Offering ANONYMITY to people who provide information about crimes.
- Paying REWARDS when the information supplied leads to arrest.
Crime Stoppers serves many purposes within the community. Here are just a few:
- To promote community welfare & inform/educate the public to further protect them from criminal activity.
- To motivate the public to cooperate with law enforcement agencies.
- To lessen the burden of law enforcement agencies in the apprehension of criminals.
- To help develop a community against crime.